Friday, January 10, 2014

Day 2, 2014

OK, so Day 1 went well.  I spoke about the AAR that I wanted to do so I would learn from my experience to make progress.  Here's what happened yesterday:  I ate well for breakfast and lunch and didn't eat any dinner.  I drank water, only in the afternoon and then I walked about 3 miles last night.  I went to sleep around 9:30 or so and it seemed like I had a difficult time falling asleep.  I woke up this morning about 20 minutes after my alarm went off at 4:30 so I was up and moving by 5am.   What was supposed to happen, eat well, exercise, drink water and go to bed on time.  What can I learn from this?  Well, I should have eaten dinner.  Even though I made it, I got frustrated at home and then decided to not eat at all.  I ended up walking the 3 miles instead of eating which ultimately worked out OK.  So, what would I do differently?  I would get home a bit earlier so I could exercise before dinner, take a shower and then eat dinner, before it got to be 8pm.  I would also drink water in the morning so I could have water throughout the day.

So, how is today going?  Very well.  I was VERY hungry this morning around 8am.  Not a big surprise considering I hadn't eaten since about noon the day before.  I planned to eat oatmeal, fruit and a fiber one bar and I did eat that.  In fact, I ended up with 2 pieces of fruit, a banana and an orange.  I still believe that I will not stay fat by overeating fruit.  I packed my lunch which was supposed to be my dinner last night.  So I ate the salad (lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers) with 2 strips of the fried chicken fingers and balsamic dressing on it.  Lovely, VERY tasty.  Possibly missing a little salt on the chicken but it was yummy.  I just finished a small apple at 2pm.  I have had a few cups of water and some soda today.  Tonight I will eat another salad and some fruit/vegetables for dinner.  I will probably make a Mexican type salad with salsa and red peppers on it.  Also, I am craving the hummus and pita bread too.  I will try to have that as a snack so it doesn't get too late with the carbs.  This weekend should be good.  I plan to go to a potluck tomorrow evening so I should be able to control what I eat there including making sure I bring a good option for myself.  I'm thinking finger sandwiches.  I plan to exercise after I have dropped off Megan at her Dad's.  So I should be ready for dinner around 7pm tonight.  I hope to be able to walk 4 miles each day this weekend.  We will see how it goes.  The best part of walking yesterday was the music I listened too when I walked.  I need to remember to use the restroom before I head out.

The additional item I would like to add is to weigh myself everyday.  I need to remember to do this before I get dressed in the morning to be consistent.

  • Rule No. 1. Don’t ever cheat. They never give themselves a break, not even on holidays or weekends.
  • Rule No. 2. Eat breakfast. The National Weight Control Registry shows that’s one of the most common traits of those who succeed in keeping those pounds off once and for all.
  • Rule No. 3. Get on a scale every day.
  • Rule No. 4. Put in the equivalent of a four-mile walk seven days a week.
  • Rule No. 5. Watch less than half as much TV as the overall population.
  • Rule No. 6. Eat 50 to 300 calories less than most people.

No comments:

Post a Comment